For me summer means sea, sun and ……………books!!
I like reading. No, I love reading. It is what makes me happy apart from my family and friends. I am a book warm and I am totally fine with that.
That being said, I am an avid reader all year long, but it is on my vacation when I literally devour books.
I love reading at the beach. I lay on the beach, under my umbrella, after a long swim both tired and happy, and I get lost on my books. I stop reading only to take another dip in the sea and then again I sink into the world of my book.
So if you happen to be like me or at least if you enjoy reading a good book, please take a look at the following list. These are some books that I really really liked!
- The Incorrigible Optimists Club, by Jean-Michel Guenassia
- The Savage Detectives , by Roberto Bolaño
- 2666, by Roberto Bolaño
- One Hundred Years of Solitude, by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- The Secret History, by Donna Tartt
- The Goldfinch, by Donna Tartt
- A Dry White Season, by André Brink
- Rumours Of Rain, by André Brink
- Disgrace, by J.M. Coetzee
- Before Night Falls, by Reinaldo Arenas
- White Teeth, by Zadie Smith
- Middlesex, by Jeffrey Eugenides
- Atonement, by Ian McEwan
- Black Box, by Amos Oz
- The Bad Girl, by Mario Vargas Llosa
- Total Chaos, by Jean-Claude Izzo
- No Happy Ending, by Paco Ignacio Taibo II
- Murder in the Central Committee, by Manuel Vázquez Montalbán
I hope this summer finds you doing whatever makes you happy!!!